Sanofi's pediatric vaccine "Hexaxim" is the most administered hexavalent vaccine in the world with 63% of volume share
NEW YORK, May 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- A new study on the usage patterns of pediatric hexavalent vaccines reveals that Sanofi's vaccine "Hexaxim" was the most administered hexavalent vaccine in the world in 2018 with 63% of volume share, followed by Infanrix Hexa (33%,) and Vaxelis 4%.
Hexavalent vaccines are six in-one combination vaccines that protect babies against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis, haemophilus influenza type B and hepatitis B.
- In 2018, the top 25 countries consumed 30 million doses of hexavalent vaccines which is 86% of the hexavalent vaccine global consumption. (Find the full list in the report)
- The top 25 countries are geographically diverse: Iraq, South Africa and Mexico each consumed more than 3m doses; with Germany, the UK, and France each consuming more than 2m doses.
- Overall, Europe accounts for 44% of the hexavalent vaccines market by volume.
- In public markets (those where the Government bears part or all of the cost of immunisation), Hexaxim had an even higher share of 69.6%.
- Hexaxim is the only brand used in the national immunisation schedule in 8 public markets: Iraq, Mexico, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Kazakhstan, Belgium, and Chile.
- Half a million preterm babies in these countries were administered with Hexaxim vaccine in 2018.
Also, most public markets occur in high and upper middle-income countries and most private markets in lower middle- and low-income countries.
To read the summary and download the full report click here.
Feel free to contact me for more information or for an interview with the analysts in charge of this report.
T: +1 347 903 1913
About Reportlinker Insight: Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sanofis-pediatric-vaccine-hexaxim-is-the-most-administered-hexavalent-vaccine-in-the-world-with-63-of-volume-share-300852031.html
Gewinne an der Wall Street -- SMI schliesst höher -- DAX deutlich im Plus -- Börsen in Fernost beenden den Handel mehrheitlich in Rot
Börse aktuell - Live Ticker
Der heimische Aktienmarkt zeigte sich am Dienstag fester. Der deutsche Leitindex erholte sich ebenfalls. Die Wall Street präsentiert sich freundlich. In Asien konnte einzig der Shangai Composite kräftige Gewinne verbuchen.